Windows 10 has some really astonishing built-in free software that can provide a lot of functions for its users. But still, it lacks some really good apps that should have been present as built-in. That is, when you install windows 10 from a CD or ISO image, these Softwares are not installed by default. Rather, you have to install the Freeware after completion of Windows installation. So, this post may also be titled as “Top 10 Essential Freeware of Windows 10“. In this post, I will discuss some of those apps which are so essential for our daily life but are absent in Windows 10 as built-in. So, let’s see which are those:
1. Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office has several versions like 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc. But none of them are pre-installed in any version of windows. Almost all Windows users have to install the Office software after installing windows, which is a time-killing job. So, it should be installed by default in Windows 10 or any other versions. Although Windows 10 has a similar built-in software called Word pad in it which can perform some functions of Microsoft Office, it is not sufficient.
2. Picasa: Picasa is one of the best image editors of modern times. Those who don’t know tricks of Photoshop can easily edit their photos with some simple clicks in Picasa. It has an attractive photo viewer too. But still, it is absent in Windows as built-in!
3. Google Chrome: It is the number 1 browser in the modern era. You can see the other browsers in the rankings in this post. But, astonishingly, it is absent by default in Windows 10!
4. Tera Copy: Although Windows 10 has a faster and more customizable copy-paste system, there are still some limitations in it. When you start copy-pasting 2-3 files at a time, the speed is decreased. You have to manually pause a file to get the full speed for another file, which is really annoying. In Tera Copy, you don’t have to think about this. The freeware will put all the copy-paste actions in a queue and start the second transfer only after the completion of the first one.
5. KM Player: KM Player is one of the most popular media players which can play all types of media files. The default media player of Windows 10 has very few functions. So, a software like KM Player is needed in Windows 10 by default.
6. μTorrent: Nowadays, people like to download from torrent websites. But Windows 10 lacks torrent downloading software. It should be pre-installed by default.
7. Foxit Reader: The default reader of Windows 10 is not enriched with many functions. It only contains some basic functions, which are not sufficient for people who read eBooks on their computer. So, it should be considered by Windows 10 team and they should try something like Foxit Reader.
8. Advanced System Care: Any computer must be checked regularly for any errors. Advanced System Care is the best performer in this field. So, it should be pre-installed in Windows 10 also.
9. C Cleaner: Almost all people who use a computer, use the internet. To use the internet, you need browsers. To keep browsers functioning and fast, you need a cleaner for them. C Cleaner is a must for every PC, which is absent by default in Windows.
10. Any Video Converter: A video converter is a must for a computer nowadays. But Windows lack them by default. Any Video Converter is one of the best free software for this purpose.
All the software stated above is not made by Microsoft Corporation. They need not provide this software in Windows by default also. What they can do is, improve their built-in software a little so that they can be more productive and user-friendly.
Thank you for reading this post.