Grameenphone is the leading mobile operator in Bangladesh for the last few years. they have 5 crores users across the country at this time. Many of them have bought their SIM card and lost the necessary papers of it. Sometimes, they need to use their SIM in other phones and it requires PIN (Personal Identification Number) Code of the SIM. If a wrong PIN code is entered 3 times, the phone will ask for the PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) Code. So, these codes are important in some cases. This post will help those who have Grameenphone SIM and have lost the papers of it. They will be able to know their PIN Code and PUK Code by reading this post and performing the easy steps accordingly. So, let’s start the discussion.
GP PIN CODE AND PUK CODE COLLECTION FROM HELPLINE:
If your Grameenphone SIM is blocked and asking for PIN and PUK code, then you can not get PIN and PUK code online. You have to get it from Grameenphone Customer Care. Firstly, call 121 from another Grameenphone number. Then ask the Agent your blocked number PUK Code or PIN code which you need. The Executive will ask for some information from you to verify you are the owner of that SIM. You will need to provide some information to verify your identity. Your Mobile Number information [Owner information (NID & Date Of Birth), FNF number, Last recharge, etc.], SIM Number (the number mentioned at the back of the SIM card), etc are usually needed.
HOW TO KNOW THE PIN & PUK CODE OF GP SIM ONLINE:
1. At first, you have to register your Grameenphone mobile number to the E-care service. For this purpose, you have to visit this link. You will see a form there.
Fill the required fields. Enter your Grameenphone number, your first name, last name, and your email ID. If you see the notification “Success” after entering your email ID, login to your email ID and open the mail that you have just received from GP.
Now, note the 6 digit code shown in the mail. The below code is just an example. You have to note the code you have received in your mail ID.
Now, put the code in the Verification Code field of the Grameenphone website’s registration form. If you successfully do it, you will see a Verified notification beside that field.
After that, enter the other parts of the registration form. Select a security question and write down your answer. Remember this answer for the future. If you forget your password, this will be needed. Enter the captcha, put a tick mark in the box, and lastly click on Create My Account button.
2. If the registration is successful, you will get a password on your phone. Now, login here with the phone number in 088017xxxxxxxx format and the password you have just got in your phone in an SMS.
3. After logging in, you will see My Account link in the menu. Hovering the link will give you the submenu SIM PIN-PUK Information link. Click on this link.
4. After clicking that link, you will see a page like this. Tick mark the box shown in the below screenshot.
5. Now, Click on Proceed & view the PIN-PUK button.
6. Now, you will be able to see a page with the PIN Code and the PUK Code of your Grameenphone SIM.
Thanks for reading this post.