If you are a father or mother of a child, you may face some difficulties while teaching sensitive and embarrassing lessons to your child. Some of the questions of your child may put you in an embarrassing condition. In most of the cases, parents try to avoid those topics and tell their children that they are too young to understand it. But, this is not the right way to handle the situation. It will leave your children unanswered and they will ask the same question again to someone else. If you don’t make his/her conception clear, there is a high chance that they will learn a false idea about any topic.
For example, if your child asks you about their origin, don’t try to explain them in a wrong way or inhibit them. Rather, you should tell him/her the truth in a language that he/she can understand.
Here are some tips on how to teach your child sensitive and embarrassing lessons:
1. Become Free With Your Child: You may feel shy about being free with your child. But, this is totally wrong. You are the best teacher of your child. If your child feels shy asking you any question, then he/she will grow up with a lot of unanswered questions. This will affect them in the long term. They will grow up with this character and always feel shy while asking a question. They will lag behind the others who are asking questions to their friends’ parents.
2. Listen To The Question Attentively: You must listen to your child’s question attentively and understand the information which is being asked. If you know it, explain in a soft voice to your child. If you have any confusion, tell him/her that you will explain after a while. You should always tell the truth to your child. Because childhood is the learning period. Anything learned during this period can’t be forgotten easily. So, always provide the right information to your child.
3. Use Easy & Familiar Examples: Examples are the best ways to teach anything. You should explain a topic to your child in an easy language. Use of examples, which is familiar to your child, will make your child understand more easily and quickly.
4. Ask Questions & Feedback: After answering a question, ask your child whether he/she has any more questions or not. Also, ask about the conception of the topic from him/her. Listen to what he/she says about it and make any necessary corrections.
5. Teach By Practical Means: Sometimes, your children may not understand the explanation. You should teach any topic by doing it yourself. Suppose, your child is asking, why helping others is important? You should make him/her understand the fact by helping a helpless person in front of your child. This will keep a long-lasting effect on your child‘s behavior.
Thanks for reading this post.