Facebook has made another great improvement for chat lovers. This time, on April 9th, 2015, Facebook has made the official Facebook Messenger for its full site on any computer browser. Earlier, Facebook Messenger was available for Android & iPhone. Another good news is, you don’t have to download any extra application for this purpose. All you have to do is to visit https://www.messenger.com from your desktop browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. Here are the details about this service.
WHY SHOULD I USE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK MESSENGER?
1. You don’t have to open a Facebook tab in your browser, where there are many other features of Facebook. It will cost you lesser internet data.
2. When you want to chat only, you can easily open this address and chat with your friends. You can keep the other features of Facebook away from you.
3. You can do audio calls and video calls from this messenger. But, your friend must be present online from this messenger in a desktop browser.
4. You can use chat stickers and emoticons from this messenger.
5. You can also send photos while chatting from this messenger.
HOW TO USE THIS?
Visit the Facebook Messenger Link.
If you are already logged in Facebook from your browser, you will see something like this. Click on the blue button.
If you are not logged in Facebook from your browser, then you will see this. Enter your username and password there and then click on the blue button to log in.
After logging in, you will see a full page of messenger divided into 3 portions. The left portion contains your recent chat list, settings icon, and the new message link. It will look like this:
The middle portion will contain the chat window.
The right portion will contain some details and the audio call and the video call button. You can also add more people to the chat by clicking on the + icon and mute the chat by putting a tick mark on the box shown in the below picture.
In the settings, you can turn on desktop notifications. If you enable this, a pop-up notification will arise whenever anyone knocks you in chat.
Thanks for reading this post about Official Facebook Messenger.